Everyone can Benefit from Floatation Therapy
Athletes and weekend warriors can heal their worn-out bodies. Yogis and meditators can find deeper states of serenity. Techies and students can unplug and recharge. Artists and entertainers can find creative inspiration.
1 What is floating?
Floating in a float tank or pod is an experience like no other. One of ultimate peace and relaxation in which you spend one hour in a private, specialized pod filled with 10 inches water and approximately 1000 pounds of highly-saturated epsom salt, causing one to float completely effortlessly atop the water at near zero-gravity. This environment has a wide range of benefits and applications for health, personal development, physical performance, spirituality, and well-being.
2Is the water sanitary?
Absolutely. We use Micron Filtration, Ultra Violet Rays, and Ozone Generators to keep the water at its cleanest. Even better, our powerful filtration system ensures that every drop of water is filtered 9 times in between floats, providing our guests with the most sanitary environment possible. And don’t forget Epsom salts are a natural disinfectant and are present in a super loaded amount.
3What if I think I am claustrophobic?
Fear not, you are in complete control of the environment. You can float with light on, music or you can simply leave open the pod/door should you feel the need. Typically, floating is such a freeing experience, your anxiety of small spaces goes away quickly.
4Can I float if I’m pregnant?
Yes. It’s probably the craziest, most stressful period of your life. Pregnant women have used floating to relieve the stress on their bodies for decades. If you’re in your first trimester or have any concerns, please consult with your doctor before booking a float.
5Do I need to bring anything?
You can bring your swimsuit, however most prefer to float in the nude as material on the body stimulates the senses. We provide non-GMO bath products, earplugs, fluffy towels pretty much everything you need. Feel free to bring your own hair brush/comb, deodorant, slippers and anything else that makes you feel as though you are at home!
6What should I expect?
Be without expectations! The beauty of floating is that it allows your mind to go wherever it wants to go with no constraints. Forcing expectations upon the experience will inhibit the natural journey that your mind wants to take.
7Can I float while menstruating?
Yep. Just use the same protocol you’d use for a swimming pool.
8Do not float...
-While under the influence of drugs or alcohol. -If you just recently had your hair colored and it is not set in (1 week). -If you have any open cuts or sores (the epsom salt with burn it).
9Do I need any special clothing?
Nope. You can bring your swimsuit, but most people prefer to float in the nude. You are in your own private room.
10Anything I should do to prepare?
Not much. Just a couple things to keep in mind here. Don't shave or wax before floating. As the salt could irritate your skin. We provide Vaseline for small cuts. Please do not wear any hair or skin products prior to floating.
11How long is a session?
It's up to you. We offer 60 and 90 minute float sessions. If you want to float any longer just let us know and we can work something out.
12How often should I float?
The more the better. The first float is an amazing experience. However it gets better the more you do it.
13Can I eat before I float?
A light meal. Try to eat a few hours before the float so you won't be needing to use the bathroom in the middle of your session. Also avoid caffeine a few hours prior to entering the pod.
14Will my skin get wrinkly?
Negative. Epsom salt will inhibit the water from saturating your skin.
15What is epsom salt?
Magic. Magnesium Sulfate is a mineral which has been shown to help detoxify the body, strengthen the immune system, trigger the release of endorphins (happy chemicals), and provide relief for physical, mental, and emotional stress & fatigue.
16Who shouldn’t float?
Anyone with skin rashes, infection, seizure prone, suicidal, under 16 years of age, or post natal. If you are uncertain always consult your physician.
17When should I arrive?
Life is crazy. Arrive 10 minutes early and take a few minutes to wind down in Sonder’s The Well Cafe before your session begins. You can read, do some deep breathing, recite a mantra, or simply close your eyes. Entering your float room in a relaxed state will maximize your float experience. And, after your 60 minutes of bliss, it can be jolting to jump right back into the chaos of your day. Take time to soak in the experience that you just had. Journal, sip our organic tea, ponder any thoughts that may have come up during your session, or simply bask in the amazing post-float afterglow.
FIRST FLOAT WALKTHROUGH
1. We will take you to your private float room where we demonstrate a thorough walk through of the entire float experience and how to use the facilities.
2. Your Deluxe Float Room and Evolution Float Pod session is in a private room with a private shower. For you floatation session, Sonder provides silicone ear plugs, vaseline to cover any scrapes, the float HALO which allows for a more comfortable floating experience by positioning your head in a more natural alignment with the rest of your body. The room is also stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion,q-tips, a washcloth, and two plush towels.
3. Step into the pod nude, lay on your back, find a position that feels most comfortable, and try the float HALO if you feel it’s needed.
4. After a few minutes, your spine will decompress and you’ll start to lose track of where your body ends and the water begins – transcending all distractions and discomforts of the body.
5. You are in control of leaving the lights on or off, music on or off, and even if you would like the door or pod lid open or closed. All of our sessions are one hour. Please ask us about music choices before your appointment, bring an audio jack and we can play audio from your phone, we also offer guided meditations by Lauren Hall from Modern Day Hypnosis to be played. There are so many possibilities and you do not have to go complete no light and no sound until you are ready.
6. Exit the float room or pod carefully, shower, our bathrooms are stocked with blowdryers and amenities for your hair and skin (you just need to bring your own comb or brush), share your experience, and bask in your post-float glow while enjoying a hydrating elixir or smoothie from The Well Cafe!